Admissions Process and the i20 – F-1 Visa Process
River Oaks Academy is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. To attend River Oaks Academy, international students must submit an international enrollment
application and obtain a US Visa (you may start the process here: (http://travel.state.gov)).
The International Enrollment Process:
- Submit the following documents to ROA at email@example.com
- ROA Enrollment Forms (see below)
- Copy of passport
- Translated academic transcripts from 9th through 12th grade
- Copy of immunization records (if available)
- Copy of proof of financial ability
- Once these documents are received, ROA will email to you a DRAFT i20. You must check this carefully and request changes to any errors before the i20 is finalized.
- The i20 will then be finalized. A copy will be sent to you by email. The original will be sent by US Postal Service. Expedited mail is available for an additional fee.
- Once you receive your original i20, you must make an appointment at your nearest US Consulate, click here: http://www.usembassy.gov/ by applying for a DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, click here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4230.html.
- When you go to your Consulate Interview, bring all of your original documents.
- If you pass the interview, the Consulate will let you know and will award you with the F-1 Visa.
- Once you have the F-1 Visa, plan your travel and contact ROA as soon as possible to schedule your enrollment date. ROA will then plan your courses and develop a graduation plan.
- Our International Enrollment Checklist organizes the required documents. Click here to download the checklist.
- Some consulates prefer to see that you have been accepted to ROA prior to your interview.
- Some consulates prefer that you have paid tuition prior to receiving the F-1 as a proof of financial ability.
- Original documents are important for your consulate interview.
- Clear graduation plans and living arrangements are important.
Complete the following 3 ROA Enrollment forms:
Forward all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org